Plans For the Future
Planting a seed is an act of optimism and faith in the future. Growing that seed provides a legacy of nurturing and serves to remind us of our obligation to future generations. The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, dedicated to the study, display, and conservation of California’s native plants, is the steward of the gifts made by our founders. We now look to the future as we consider the seeds we sow.
Seed the Future Campaign
Our Seed the Future comprehensive campaign will raise much needed funds to help the Garden protect and preserve California’s native plants. Our precious native species are increasingly threatened by climate change, urban development, and invasive plants.
The Garden’s leadership are committed to the vision and spirit of our forward-thinking founders and have developed a thoughtful, well-designed plan for the improvement of the Garden to include:
- Renewed and expanded garden displays to inspire visitors
- Expanded research to address conservation threats
- An expanded endowment to support these efforts
To learn more or to support the Seed the Future capital campaign, please call the Development Department at (805) 690-1697
SBBG Master Building Plan
Trustees of the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden approved a Master Development Plan which will be our guide for the coming decades. The following video provides an introduction to the new SBBG Master Building Plan and is narrated by SBBG Executive Director, Steve Windhager:
SBBG Landscape Master Plans
View the Garden's Cultural Landscape Master Plan
View the Garden's Landscape Master Plan
Meadow Revival Project, 2013-2015
Information about the Garden's Meadow Revival Project is now available for public review.
- Secure the Conservation of California’s Native Plants
- Native Plants in Every Garden
- Ensure the Financial Stability of the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Be the Center for California Native Horticulture and Ecological Education
- Be A Role Model for Sustainable Practice in California
- Make the Garden a Physical Expression of Our Mission While Respecting its Heritage
Strategic Plan 2011-2016
In 2011, Staff and Trustees at the Garden developed a Strategic Plan to set organizational goals and objectives of the day to day management activities of the Garden until 2016.
Private Golf Cart Tours of the Garden - Reserve your spot today!
The Garden's Seed the Future comprehensive campaign is raising much-needed funds to help the Garden protect and preserve California’s native plants. If you are interested in learning more about the Garden’s comprehensive campaign, we’d be happy to take you on a private golf cart tour.
- Tours are offered for up to three guests at a time
- 9:00am -or- 2:00pm, Tuesday through Friday, or by special appointment
- Reserve your spot now: email the Registrar, or call (805) 682-4726 ext. 102