2014 Wine & Cheese Botanic Lecture Series
Date: Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Saturday, September 20, 2014
Time: 4:00PM - 6:00PM
Location: Courtyard and Blaksley Library
For its fourth year, the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden's Wine and Cheese Botanic Lecture Series is bringing together the local scientific community for talks about Santa Barbara ecology, ancient horticultural methods, sharks, and much more. Each lecture begins with delicious appetizers, a wine tasting, and conversation with one of our local sponsoring vintners in the Garden’s Courtyard.
- The one hour lecture takes place in the Blaksley Library
- Attendance is limited, so please reserve early
- Consider introducing a friend to the Garden and invite them to join you at one or more of these fascinating talks
- The purchase price for the Nonmember passport inclues an individual membership to the Garden.
Purchase the series Passport to attend all scheduled lectures
-or- register for each lecture independently, see dates & event details below:
May 17: Whatever Happened to 'Go outside and play'?
How we can help children reconnect with nature
Dan Fontaine, Executive Director, Wilderness Youth Project
Sponsor: Condor's Hope
June 21: Revisiting the Wisdom of Maya Food Forest Gardeners
Ancient farming practices at an archeological site near Belize and Guatemala
Dr. Anabel Ford, UCSB archeologist
Sponsor: Alma Rosa Winery & Vineyards
July 19: Mission Creek, the Steelhead Trout Freeway
Why we need the Southern California steelhead trout
George Johnson, The City of Santa Barbraar's Creek Supervisor
Sponsor: Lucas & Llewellyn
August 16: Living on the Edge: Santa Barbara's Complex Wildland-Urban Interface
Learning how to coexist with natural hazards under a changing climate
Max Moritz, UC Berkeley Dept of Enviromental Science, Policy and Management; Sponsor: TBD
Campaign Tours by Golf Cart—Reserve Your Spot Today!
The Garden's Seed the Future comprehensive campaign is raising much-needed funds to help the Garden protect and preserve California’s native plants. If you are interested in learning more about the Garden’s comprehensive campaign, we’d be happy to take you on a private golf cart tour.
- Tours are offered for up to three guests at a time
- 9:00am -or- 2:00pm, Tuesday through Friday, or by special appointment
- Reserve your spot now: email the Registrar, or call (805) 682-4726 ext. 102