Support the Garden
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is a private, non-profit, research, conservation and education institution offering enriching experiences to the public.
Contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations are essential to support our core operations, and to build and maintain our outstanding collections and unique California-native garden displays.
You can help us achieve our current goals with your gifts:
- Become a member
- Sponsor an event or symposium
- Support our Spring & Year End Appeals
- Campbell Bridge - the bridge spanned Mission Creek and burned in the Jesusita Fire. It was a critical crossing enabling visitors to make a loop through the canyon rather than retrace steps or cross over uneven boulders. The Garden raised $100,000 needed to replace this bridge. Construction began in December 2012 and was completed in February, 2013.
- Replace Server & computer stations - the Garden struggles to stay current with computer equipment. Currently the Garden's server is in danger of crashing and needs to be replaced. Additionally, a number of staff are using computers that are greater than 5 years old. These computers will not permit access to many of the programs and databases we use today and thus limit and hinder staff ability to achieve our mission. We estimate $20,000 needed to replace the server and upgrade enough computer stations to bring the Garden's computer system up to today's needs.
- Renovate public restroom to ADA compliance - the Garden has devised a cost effective means to provide handicap accessible restrooms, an item in high demand and unavailable in over 85 years of service to the public. We will convert half of the men's restroom into a family facility that is handicap accessible for a cost of $15,000.
- Seed the Future- the Garden has embarked on a decades-long endeavor to expand and improve our facilities, improve our Garden displays, and enhance our endowment. Please click here to read more about our $14 million capital campaign.
Your gift to the Annual Fund helps sustain our beautiful Garden and fulfill our goal of excellence in horticultural displays, educational programs, community outreach, vital research and conservation. Monetary gifts of are among the most valuable forms of support for the Garden because they are immediately available, are often unrestricted, and give us the flexibility to meet our most pressing needs. Learn More
This elegant, black tie dinner-dance and auction is the Garden’s annual fundraising gala and is widely considered one of Santa Barbara’s premier social events of the spring season. Make your reservation for a table or tickets by contacting the Development Department at (805) 690-1697.
Gifts of goods and services help support our horticulture, education, and research efforts and may provide you with a charitable gift deduction. Contact us for more information on these giving opportunities.
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our donors. We value the trust you place in us by giving to our institution and take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard the integrity of the information you provide us.
Our Use of Personal Information
From time to time, Garden staff will request you provide personal information to us. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. This information is considered private and is used for internal purposes only. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who process your donation and provide you with our services. All employees sign a confidentiality statement as a condition of their employment. Under no circumstances will we share, loan, barter, or sell information about you to any third party. If you authorize us in writing to provide your information to a trusted third party such as your accountant or attorney, we will oblige. Lastly, there may be times we disclose information because we are legally required to do so pursuant to a subpoena or court order.
Special Event Sponsorship Opportunities:
Native Gardens Tour Sponsorships (beyond individual ticket purchases) entitle sponsors to various special premiums, depending on the sponsorship level.
To become a sponsor, please use the 2014 Garden Tour Sponsor Form or submit an online request:
Learn more about tour Sponsorship Opportunities
Proceeds from Cultivating the Wild benefit the Garden’s educational programs.
Private Golf Cart Tours of the Garden - Reserve your spot today!
The Garden's Seed the Future comprehensive campaign is raising much-needed funds to help the Garden protect and preserve California’s native plants. If you are interested in learning more about the Garden’s comprehensive campaign, we’d be happy to take you on a private golf cart tour.
- Tours are offered for up to three guests at a time
- 9:00am -or- 2:00pm, Tuesday through Friday, or by special appointment
- Reserve your spot now: email the Registrar, or call (805) 682-4726 ext. 102
Shop at Ralphs and Support the Garden
Now is the time to register your Ralphs card for the Ralphs "Community Contribution" Program:
Please Click here to create or login to your Ralphs account to register your Ralphs card and then select the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden (#91185) as your preferred organization.
If you registered your card any time BEFORE August 31, 2013, then you will need to re-register for the new term September 1, 2013 - August 31, 2014.
We appreciate your support!
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden fosters the conservation of California's native plants through
our gardens, research and education, and serves as a role model of sustainable practices