Plan Your Visit
The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is a place of beauty and serenity, of education, research and conservation, of history and stewardship. We welcome you to visit and enjoy our unique native California plants exhibits in beautifully designed landscapes. With beautiful vistas to the Santa Ynez mountains and to the Channel Islands, tranquil trails through the redwoods and along Mission Creek, a wide variety of educational opportunities, and a remarkable historic landmark status, the Garden is a wonderful place to spend the day.
The Garden offers a variety of tour opportunities:
Garden visitors may enjoy a self-guided walk which includes a complimentary map and directions from a trained visitor service representative. Use our Day Planner to customize your visit.
Visitors are also invited to join a variety of docent tours for individuals and groups. Consult our Docent Tours page for a variety of tour options.
Public tours are offered every Saturday and Sunday at 11 am and 2 pm, and Mondays at 2 pm. No charge with Garden admission or membership. Tours are lead by a knowledgeable docent and generally last for one hour.
Get inspired! Santa Barbara Public Gardens Activities in May
"Get inspired!" is the rallying cry heard from Santa Barbara's many public gardens, who have collaborated to offer special tours, free admission, lectures, and other activities in conjunction with not only National Public Gardens Day on Friday, May 10, 2013, but also for the whole month of May at various locations in Santa Barbara County.
There’s So Much to Do and See for FREE in May!
As part of Santa Barbara Public Gardens Appreciation Month, the public is invited to attend a myriad of activities which encourage the community to explore the diverse gardens we are lucky to have in our county. There is something for everyone!
- Ten Garden Talks - learn about everything from Palm Trees to Bees!
- Admission to locations by downloading a coupon at Better Homes & Gardens
- Docent-led garden tours at Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Old Mission Santa Barbara's Huerta Garden, Rancho La Patera & Stow House, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Rides on the historic Allan Herschell Carorsel (1916) in Chase Palm Park
- Special tours of Santa Barbara County Courthouse gardens and clock tower
- Experience SBCC's Lifescape Garden Family friendly activities such as story-time, craft projects, and other fun